American Cemetery & Cremation is an independent trade magazine for cemetery owners and managers along with others allied to the field. Each issue of American Cemetery & Cremation offers in-depth coverage of issues affecting the cemetery profession in today's competitive business environment, including grounds maintenance tips, national and state association coverage, marketing, insurance, computers/software and more. With the relaunch of the American Cemetery & Cremation, there is also an added emphasis on cremation.
Published monthly (12 issues per year)
If you'd like to download an order form to subscribe to American Cemetery and Cremation, please click here.
Price: $49 (one year); $85 (two year)
||Place a classified ad
In September's Issue
From an Anomaly to a Hall of Famer – In April, the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association bestowed its Hall of Fame Award to a man many consider a long-overdue winner – Fred Miller.
By Lisa Howard-Fusco
Elevating Design – With Mount Pleasant Cemetery nearly sold out, an innovative design was needed to transform an old road into a desirable final resting place.
By Patti Martin Bartsche
Cemetery Portfolio – Looking for a new way to offer memorial space for its Catholic community – and recognizing the growing preference for cremation – Calvary Cemetery installed its first columbarium.
By Derek Martin
Make Your Trees an Asset – Living, thriving trees serve as an asset for memorial parks and their visitors. Keeping those trees healthy requires careful maintenance.
By R.J. Laverne and Matt Fredmonsky
- Cover Story
Restoring a National Treasure – After long-awaited conservation efforts, the Binney monument, considered by many to be the most important work of funerary art of its time, is enjoying new life at Mount Auburn Cemetery.
By Patti Martin Bartsche
In Every Issue
Association of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE)
United Communications Group (UCG)
- Silver Award Table of Contents Design, 2005
- Silver Award, Publication Re-design, 2004
Graphic Design USA
- Third Place, Best Instructional Reporting, "From Yesterday to Tomorrow: Does Your Cemetery Have a Plan?" May 2006
- First Place, Good Writing, "Survivor Cemeteries," November 2005
- Third Place, Good Writing, "Evanescence," March 2005
- Second Place, Good Writing, "Honoring Competence, Courage and Sacrifice," June 2007
- Third Place, Best Instructional Reporting, "Beware of Slip and Fall," November 2007
- Blue Book Advertising, 2005
- Mortality Symbols, 2005