American Cemetery is an independent trade magazine for cemetery owners and managers along with others allied to the field. Each issue of American Cemetery offers in-depth coverage of issues affecting the cemetery profession in today's competitive business environment, including grounds maintenance tips, national and state association coverage, preneed, marketing, cremation, insurance computers/software and much more.
Published monthly (12 issues per year)
If you'd like to download an order form to subscribe to American Cemetery, please click here.
Price: $49 (one year); $85 (two year)
In March's Issue
- Pet Loss
A Bond that Never Breaks – The bond between pets and their families is very strong. Is it any wonder that there is a desire to remember and memorialize these furry family members?
By Patti Martin Bartsche
- Cover Story
The Next Step – He's had many successes in his nearly 15 years as president and CEO of The Woodlawn Cemetery in the Bronx, N.Y., but John P Toale is ready to try a new job – retirement.
By Lauren Moore
Bridging the Gap – Finding ways to connect with pet lovers in your community isn't difficult – it just takes a little thought and planning.
By Linda Darby
Debunking the Myths of Cemetery Relocation – Cemetery relocations are occurring more frequently, and there is a need for forethought, preplanning and a specialized team .
By Melody Carvajal and Susan Grzybowski
Untapped Revenue Source – Location-based memorial networks leverage Web and mobile technologies and allow families to connect with loved ones.
By Tony Spore
Green Burial – With an increasing number of people becoming interested in environmentally-friendly lifestyles, it should come as no surprise that people are also interested in choosing greener burial options. Our experts weigh in on green and natural burials.
By Lauren Moore
Association of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE)
United Communications Group (UCG)
- Silver Award Table of Contents Design, 2005
- Silver Award, Publication Re-design, 2004
Graphic Design USA
- Third Place, Best Instructional Reporting, "From Yesterday to Tomorrow: Does Your Cemetery Have a Plan?" May 2006
- First Place, Good Writing, "Survivor Cemeteries," November 2005
- Third Place, Good Writing, "Evanescence," March 2005
- Second Place, Good Writing, "Honoring Competence, Courage and Sacrifice," June 2007
- Third Place, Best Instructional Reporting, "Beware of Slip and Fall," November 2007
- Blue Book Advertising, 2005
- Mortality Symbols, 2005