American Cemetery & Cremation is an independent trade magazine for cemetery owners and managers along with others allied to the field. Each issue of American Cemetery & Cremation offers in-depth coverage of issues affecting the cemetery profession in today's competitive business environment, including grounds maintenance tips, national and state association coverage, marketing, insurance, computers/software and more. With the relaunch of the American Cemetery & Cremation, there is also an added emphasis on cremation.
Published monthly (12 issues per year)
If you'd like to download an order form to subscribe to American Cemetery and Cremation, please click here.
Price: $49 (one year); $85 (two year)
||Place a classified ad
In April's Issue
- Cover Story
Timeless Craftsmanship – The beautiful monuments at Hope Cemetery in Barre, Vermont, are a lasting tribute to the master carvers buried there.
By Steve Cronin
Everyone Looks Up to This Gravedigger – He may be a visionary, successful businessman and patent holder, but at the heart of a career that has spanned five decades, James "Big Jim" Darby is a cemeterian. He is also this year's ICCFA Lasting Impact Award winner.
By Patti Martin Bartsche
Liabilities in Plain Sight – In the consumer world, site and appearance sells – and that holds true for cemeteries, too.
By Robert Mosko
Urban Death Project – Seattle anthropologist and architect Katrina Spade is planning a new form of green disposition with The Urban Death Project.
By Sharon Verbeten
In Every Issue
Association of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE)
United Communications Group (UCG)
- Silver Award Table of Contents Design, 2005
- Silver Award, Publication Re-design, 2004
Graphic Design USA
- Third Place, Best Instructional Reporting, "From Yesterday to Tomorrow: Does Your Cemetery Have a Plan?" May 2006
- First Place, Good Writing, "Survivor Cemeteries," November 2005
- Third Place, Good Writing, "Evanescence," March 2005
- Second Place, Good Writing, "Honoring Competence, Courage and Sacrifice," June 2007
- Third Place, Best Instructional Reporting, "Beware of Slip and Fall," November 2007
- Blue Book Advertising, 2005
- Mortality Symbols, 2005