|Now Accepting American Cemetery Excellence Award Nominations
If you think your team should be recognized for maintaining a great cemetery that's succeeding in tough economic times, then we want to hear from you. We want to recognize the accomplishments at your top-performing cemetery. Enter today.
American Cemetery is an independent trade magazine for cemetery owners and managers along with others allied to the field. Each issue of American Cemetery offers in-depth coverage of issues affecting the cemetery profession in today's competitive business environment, including grounds maintenance tips, national and state association coverage, preneed, marketing, cremation, insurance computers/software and much more.
Published monthly (12 issues per year)
If you'd like to download an order form to subscribe to American Cemetery, please click here.
Price: $49 (one year); $85 (two year)
||Place a classified ad
In May's Issue
- Cover Story
Feng Shui for All – The use of feng shui principles is as ancient as Chinese cultures that date back thousands of years and as modern as this morning.
By Barbara Claire Kasselmann
The Road Ahead – The past 25 years have brought more change to cemetery planning than the preceding 100. From regulatory requirements to evolving public preferences, cemetery planners are reacting to a new set of conditions.
By David G. Ward
Maple Grove Cemetery – In its planning, Maple Grove Cemetery in Queens, N.Y., is doing everything right: celebrating the past, serving the present and anticipating future needs.
By Bonnie Thompson Dixon and Peter Gisolfi
Advance Sales – Advance sales are more important than ever, but making that sale isn't as easy as it once was. Our experts explain how changing the way you do business can reap rewards.
By Patti Martin Bartsche
In Every Issue
Association of Business Publication Editors (ASBPE)
United Communications Group (UCG)
- Silver Award Table of Contents Design, 2005
- Silver Award, Publication Re-design, 2004
Graphic Design USA
- Third Place, Best Instructional Reporting, "From Yesterday to Tomorrow: Does Your Cemetery Have a Plan?" May 2006
- First Place, Good Writing, "Survivor Cemeteries," November 2005
- Third Place, Good Writing, "Evanescence," March 2005
- Second Place, Good Writing, "Honoring Competence, Courage and Sacrifice," June 2007
- Third Place, Best Instructional Reporting, "Beware of Slip and Fall," November 2007
- Blue Book Advertising, 2005
- Mortality Symbols, 2005